Every girl or bride-to-be is extremely excited about her wedding day. She wishes to look her best on her D-day. And what is it that will make a bride look lovely during her wedding? Obviously, it is nothing other than her wedding dress!!! Of course, the wedding dress will need matching accessories too. But the primary focus of all the guests at the wedding would be on the bridal dress. An elegant-colored, good-fitting dress will determine the entire look of the bride. Shopping for a wedding dress or getting it stitched is the primary focus of every girl as soon as the D-day is fixed. In India, we have the lovely lehenga (comes with a long skirt, blouse, and dupatta).
Earlier, many girls mostly opted to wear a red-colored lehenga. This is because wearing a red dress during weddings is considered extremely auspicious in Indian society. However, nowadays, the traditional red dress is slowly getting replaced with many colors. Girls go for dresses which are green, pink, gray, light blue or even golden in color. Similarly, in Indian church weddings, we see the bride dressed in the traditional white dress or gown. Even in countries outside India, the bride is dressed up in a lovely white gown which looks absolutely elegant. The traditional white wedding dress was started by Queen Victoria in the 19th century. People believe wearing a white dress assures that peace and harmony will prevail forever in the family, as white symbolizes peace. However, slowly some girls have started opting for colored gowns. Even in these gowns, one can guarantee that you will look amazing at your wedding.
Let us check out some beautifully colored dresses that one can choose to wear at her wedding ceremony.
- Red wedding dresses: If white is a beautiful color, so is red. A lovely red-colored, free flowing gown will look amazing, especially if you are fair-skinned. Do not think that wearing a red dress will bring bad luck to you or your family. People may dissuade you from choosing red wedding dresses as it signifies danger. However, do remember that red color signifies love too. If you and your partner feel wearing a red dress will make you look gorgeous, then do go for it. You can opt for a full-length dress on even till your knee-length, whatever makes you comfortable. However, a full-length dress will definitely add more gorgeousness to your entire look.
- Blue wedding dress: If you don’t want to go for a bold color like red and you are not in favor of white either, then why not go for a blue wedding dress? There are many shades in blue; you can wish to go for any depending on your choice and comfort. You may wish to go for a light blue, free-flowing gown which can give you a princess-like look. In case you plan for any theme-based weddings, you could definitely go for this one. If you wish to go for something different, there is a gown which is handpainted in a royal blue color on a white background. Overall, this gown looks quite amazing. Some other shades of blue which you may wish to opt for could be a cobalt-blue dress, an ice-blue one, or maybe even a dark blue dress. Blue floral printed dresses on a white background would look very elegant.
- Purple wedding dress: None of us could have even imagined a wedding dress in purple right? However, even a purple wedding dress will look amazing. If you are very fond of purple color, you can choose to wear a purple dress for your wedding. You could choose a dark purple shade, or even a violet color one, whatever you feel would suit you the best. Else, you could even have a white dress with a purple ribbon, or a white dress having purple floral embroidery. You could also try out some wedding dresses which could be white from the top, but as it flows beyond the knees, it exhibits shades of purple. Purple color can be opted for by brides with any skin color, it suits almost everyone.
- Black and white wedding dresses: Some section of people may not wish a bride to go for a wedding dress which is black in color or has any shades of black in it. However, in case you are not bothered by such customs and issues, and you are very fond of black, then there is no harm in going for a black and white wedding dress on your D-day. A white dress mixed with black prints would look lovely. Or you could decide to go for dress with an even mix of both black and white shades. A white and black dress with black floral prints on top of it would look amazing. You could also choose a dress which starts with black from the top and then runs into the white shade from the hips. A white background dress with black printed embroidery would look lovely.
- Ivory wedding dresses: You need not think much before deciding to go for ivory wedding dresses; ivory is just another shade of white. It may not be entirely white though. Ivory has a slight shade of yellow or cream mixed with white. In case you don’t want to go for a completely white dress, and at the same time do not want to drift away completely from traditions, then this is the color for you. Ivory wedding dresses look extremely pretty. However, this color will look much better on fair-skinned brides.
- Green wedding dresses: People are opting for green wedding dresses as well. It could be either an emerald-green dress with a satin material or even a lime-green one mixed with shades of white. A dark bottle green colored dress would also look amazing. If you are looking to go for a different colored dress, then you could try this one out too.
- Red and white wedding dresses: You want to drift away from white color on your wedding. At the same time, you are very fond of red; however, do not have the courage to go bold by wearing a complete red-colored gown. Then why not try a white dress with shades of red in it? There are red and white wedding dresses available which look amazing. You can go for a white dress with red floral prints or floral embroidery. There are even white gowns which are available with red laces. Some white dresses may be completely done with red embroidery all over, some with only a little work over the dress. However, the combination of red and white colors is so amazing that it would look beautiful anyhow.
- Lavender wedding dress: If we can have red, blue, green, purple or even black-colored wedding gowns, then why not a lavender wedding dress. A full-sleeves lavender gown with elegant pearl stones having laces along its sleeves will look amazing. Similarly, you can go for a complete length lavender gown with appliqué work.
- Yellow wedding dresses: A yellow wedding dress will also look very nice. Yellow is the color of sunshine. If you wear a yellow wedding dress, you have sunshine throughout your life. So in case you are fond of yellow, there should be nothing stopping you from opting for a yellow wedding dress for your big day. A light yellow-colored dress with golden appliqué work would look elegant. You can also go for shades of mango yellow or yellow with cream mix wedding dresses. Decide on the appropriate shade of yellow depending on your skin tone.
- Colorful wedding dresses: We have already seen many colorful wedding dresses. Apart from the one listed above, there are a few more colored wedding dresses which you may go for if you wish to:
- Pink: Why not add a blush of pink to your wedding if you have to try something different? The pink wedding dress will look extremely pretty. You could either choose a baby pink color, or a shade of pink mixed with either white or cream.
- Golden: If you feel a golden wedding dress will make you look glittery all over, then you may be wrong. You may wish to add a sparkle to your wedding by deciding to go for a golden-colored wedding dress. Golden wedding dresses are on the rise, as these gorgeous shades sparkle all over. You can opt for a champagne-shaded dress decked up with golden stars. Or you can go for a golden dress with laced flowers. Check what suits you and decide accordingly.
- Peach: Again a very beautiful color. Peach colored wedding dresses will look absolutely classy and very pleasant. You may have a huge variety of shades to choose from. It could be somewhere close to a light orange color, or it could be a very light shade of peach. If you have a lighter skin tone; any shade of peach will look very nice.
- Black: Well, I am referring to a full black wedding gown here, not mixed with white. If your wedding guests are not very superstitious regarding black color, then you can go for a completely black colored dress. You may also wish to choose a black dress like your evening gown. Black symbolizes elegance, so go for black if you love it!!!
So, in case your wedding is on the cards at present, then start planning for your dress right away with the above-mentioned options!!!!